Let's talk about coffee...

4:37:00 PM

It's like my morning secret reason to get of my bed..It's something I drink everyday and not only once. In fact, we all take it for granted but we shouldn't..! For me it's something magical, the feeling of a warm cup in my hands, the delicate aroma and the first sip cannot wake me up and make my day. People say happiness is not something that you can buy, but it can be found in small everyday things, things like this.


Every now and then, this characteristic aroma triggers memories of my childhood. Since I was a child, I remember my mother buying coffee beans from a small neighborhood shop. Then, she would come home roast the green coffee beans to ensure of the freshest possible roast. I would just stand there watching and waiting to open the oven and smell that perfect aroma of coffee! The moment my mother would open the oven the whole house would smell just perfect! After that, she would wait for it to cool down and then she would grind the coffee beans with a small-gold coffee grinder we used to have, so she and my father could enjoy, after brewing it. It was something that I couldn't wait to see every time. Sometimes I used to ''steal'' a spoon of coffee and put it in my glass of milk because I couldn't resist the aroma. 


Maybe this somehow explains my great love for coffee. Although we live in a different era which offers us a wide variety of coffee products and advanced equipment I will always have a special attachment for the old traditional way. It is not just the coffee itself but also the meaningful moments and memories that are shared while enjoying it. 

In my opinion all coffee lovers have something in common, not only the preference in the good taste of coffee, but an emotional bond that was once combined with it. I think of coffee as something more than just a beverage, something that we have on our every morning table, and in our culture too. Coffee is always a good excuse to meet with a friend and have a chat, an opportunity for a  break, and a reason to accompany you while studying.Young or old, alone or with company I believe that the thought of ''let's have a coffee'' will never get old.


You Might Also Like

0 σχόλια

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/BlessThisHotMess/